There’s a nuclear war and it ends the world. Most people evacuate to shelters, but most are left on the surface and die from the nuke itself or radiation poisoning.
But, some people weren’t killed.
They were transformed into a race of mutated creatures called Screamers, because of their deafening screams. This is not just because of radiation, but also due to the fact that an experimental super bug activated by radiation infected people.
My question is: could the above realistically happen?
About the screamers
- Screamers can either be as intelligent as a human, or they could lose all their mental capabilities and become wild animals.
- Screamers usually live 30 years longer than humans, as their cells are able to regenerate themselves at much faster rate.
- Screamers are usually on the tall side, being on average 7ft tall.
- Screamers skin is usually green, and most of them don’t have hair. But the ones who do have hair only have it in shades of white and grey.
- They have twice the strength of an average human, and have increased muscle density.
- Most screamers are very slow however. Their topspeed being about 9 MPH.
- They are much more resilient to hot weather than humans are, though they are very vulnerable to cold weather, as their body temperature usually is under 81.4 Fahrenheit.
- They also have much more of a resistance to radiation, but in high amounts it is still deadly to them.
- They can eat everything a normal human can eat, but need less water than humans.
- There are about 1 billion screamers
About the super bug
- It was created by the United States military in order to create a stronger, more resilient, population, that could help them in the event of nuclear war. - It was designed to make them live longer, be more resistant to radiation, and need less food and water, though it was never fully completed.
- The researchers made it so that the bug did not make people less resistant to cold, slower, and get rid of the cosmetic effects. But they didn’t have enough time, and they were ordered to let the bug out so it could transform the population.
- It was released into the water supply effecting some but not all of the population.
Relationship with pure humans
- Most humans hate screamers, and many intelligent ones are lynched by ramping mobs.
- Though they prefer to be called by their scientific name, Homo murmorarionis, many politically incorrect terms have come to use, including Screamers, Green Faces, and Rad-Monsters.
- The screamers are the minority to humans, as they are outnumbered 5 to 1.
- Many screamers have banded together to protect themselves from the discrimination they face.