So, 500 years after a nuclear war, there are two factions which both hate each other. Though they’ve been trying to stay at peace with one other, war now seems inevitable. The reason for this war is that each side wants control of California, a territory that has remained unclaimed. One faction, called the Midwestern Republic, has taken over much of the land in the surrounding areas, and is now looking towards California as its new goal. They sent a regiment of soldiers there to try and take over. The second faction, called the Western Federation, is a territory that includes the states of Arizona, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico and parts of Colorado. They also want to take over California.
Midwestern Republic Army Specifications
- Each soldier is equipped with a laser rifle, laser pistol, and three grenades. - Their armor is light to provide them with more mobility on the battlefield.
- Outnumbers the federation’s army 10 to 1.
- Has a powerful fleet of rigid airships. They have about 20, and each has a crew capacity of 300 and a cargo capacity of 1,000,000 pounds.
- They have superior ocean capabilities with an entire fleet of cargo ships that they converted into warships, fully decked out with laser cannons and small nuclear weapons.
- They have fewer ground vehicles, and the most common way to transport ground troops is by horses or walking.
- They have many bomber squadrons.
Their are 6 ranks. Rank, second commander, commander, overseer, second general and general. Federation Army Specifications
Each soldier is equipped with an anti-tank laser gun, a heavy machine gun laser, and flame thrower. Each soldier has a robotic exoskeleton that helps them carry 20x more than they normally could, at the cost of mobility.
- Have superior weaponry and armor.
- Have a fleet of 250 helicopters, that can each carry 5 people and have laser cannons, air to air missiles, and are extremely durable.
- Have a network of underground bases that can house soldiers and can launch intermediate range weapons that can deliver a payload of about 50 kilotons.
- Can manufacture weapons at a much faster rate than the empire
- Their military is structured into 5 ranks. Common soldier, commander, high commander, General, and high general.
- The high general overseas an entire regiment of soldiers and have the final say in all decisions.
Neither side has any large nuclear weapons, and they are both equally matched in anti aircraft missiles, each having about 100.
The people of California
- The Californians were completely devastated by the nuclear war and have not recovered yet. Most people there live in local primitive tribes and are constantly at war with mutants. None of the Californians want the two faction to invade them, but without advanced weaponry they are powerless against them.
So, what strategies would be best for each side to maximize destruction to the other side, while also minimizing casualties on their side.