So, given the following assumptions and starting criteria:
- The colony ship comes from a human culture that is about 100 years advanced from the present.
- The amount of initial colonists are around 5,000 people.
- They bring with them many specialists and libraries of information about known technology.
- They have enough supplies like clothes and food, and heavy equipment to bootstrap a town and provide it with the essential facilities like clinics, schools, farms, governments, labs, simple manufacturing, etc.
- They have power sources with long-term fuel sources, such as fusion and solar, that will last for ~100 years before they have to build their own electrical source.
- They have survey equipment to begin mapping out resources.
- They have two satellites to help them find resources.
- Their form of transportation for supplies are heavy ground vehicles.
- All vehicles are electrical.
- The relative spread of resources is similar to Earth, but let's say that their landing zone was selected due to a relative abundance of basic metals and farmland.
- There is no resupply from Earth.
...how long might it take this colony to become fully self-sustaining such that they could create their own vehicles, supplies and technology on the level of the stuff that they brought with them and perhaps even build their own ships to begin exploring the stars?