In the year 2018, in an alternate reality were technology is more advanced than our own, a spaceship is about to take or to the Trappist 1 solar system to set up a colony. During their very long trip, the crew of 25,000 people will all be placed in cryogenic preservation until they reach the destination. There they will set up the colony. My question is what skills would be most valuable in building the colony?
- The planet they land on is very similar to Earth with the same atmosphere, gravity, and a bearable temperature of about 77 degrees Fahrenheit ( or 25 degrees Celsius) and its gravity is about half of that on Earth.
- The entire crew was carefully selected by the agency that did the mission beforehand.
- The crew has enough rations to last them for a few years, and they were given seeds to grow food like tomatoes, potatoes, lentils, etc.
- They also have large solar panel arrays to provide power to the colony and vehicles to carry them to different locations they need to go to.
- Also once they land on the planet there is no turning back, so they will be staying there permanently.
- They have lots of advanced technology like sufficiently intelligent AI and 3D printers.
So what skills would be most needed to help build up the colony and manage it afterwards?
The answers here are for the skills needed to support a large colony with many people, not 80 to 300 like in the other one. This is not a duplicate, I am asking a similar but not the same question. Also, this colony still has contact with earth and they planet they land on isn’t an unknown planet and the colonist still have their advanced tech and cannot lapse into a pre industrial society