How would this Army of Elemental Magic uses stand up against a modern military like our own?
The Elementals do not carry weapons or armor. They despise the use of most tools, especially in war. Everyone in the elements army can use at lest one element. Elementals have an Elite fighting force whose members can control two or more elements.
When you control two elements you get one additional power:
- Fire + Air: the ability to manipulate and create lightning.
- Earth + Fire: the ability to turn earth to Lava and control volcanic eruptions.
- Air + Water: the ability to take over your enemy's body and turn him into your puppet.
- Water + Fire: can change water to acid.
- Earth + Water: can control the way plants grow.
The Elementals have trained several types of animals who can also manipulate the elements:
- Elemental creature: dragons use fire and air to fly and breathe fire.
- Earth turtles: gigantic turtle with a tropical islands on their back with the power to control earth and water. Can make earth quakes, tidal waves, and sea currents.
Assume the following:
- Both sides have an equal number of troops.
- The modern military is equally divided between Navy, Army, and Air Force.
- The environment is equally divided between urban, rural, jungle, and water.
- The Elementals are on the defensive.
My question is: Can these Elementals hold back a modern army, or would they be massacred because they don't use weapons or armor?